Wednesday 20 September 2017

Why would you stay another second, unless I got in the way?

Day 20
Christ, I'm going to miss this blog after another ten days.
You know how mountains are moved by one skinny redhead pushing with all his might, and how a tiny pinprick can cause a pimple to erupt, and how a little mosquito can really ruin a fun family barbecue?
WELL.
Because of a string of words all arranged into one sentence, I ended up forming my own tornado and sailing right into a mcdonald's drive thru to order fifteen dollars and ninety cents worth of food (for two people).

Today's total: 15.90
But it would have been much more had I experienced the effort needed to buy something fancy, like a chicken wrap from a cafe, or a ten dollar smoothie from an organic juice bar. Fuck me, how good are those smoothies?

I believe in redemption. I believe showers are time-consuming and feature too many times in this blog for me to be living a life of exotically wild adventure.

I believe some situations are best left alone because they are out of our control. And then, sometimes, they are put in your control and you fuck it up because, hey, you're only human and deserve a break with a nice cold one. Like a nice cold iced cold chocolate.

The only way to get through these times is to grab it by the horns and live each day as it comes. Just live it. That is all you can do. Catch each moment and tuck it in your pocket or seal it away in a jar. Label it. Put it through the wash. Make it a pretty home and wear them often.

Or, maybe, throw it away and start again. Whichever.


No comments:

Post a Comment