Monday 18 September 2017

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

Day 18
This afternoon I waved at The Girl and I experienced a feeling like that of extreme contentment mingled with intense excitement. You know, the kind of excitement that makes you want to jump off a building.
Also,
There is a lot of 80s rock songs in my life at the moment, maybe because I keep listening to the Greatest Hits of Eighties Rock playlist, but who's to say? The 80s is when it was all happening.
I am especially fond of the slim-waist outfits and cheap coffee in cafe movie scenes, and how everyone seemed to be smoking while wearing denim jackets or chewing gum.

Well, today has been another no-spend day! Excitement! Commitment! All the words that end in '-ment' and relate to achieving a goal!
Astonishment!
Ok, but really, it has been a splendiferous day. I worked in this cloud of slow yet steady production where everything got done in a quick manner and I believe it has something to do with how slow the clocks were going.
I don't call myself a Timelord, but I feel like I was the master of time today.

UPDATE ON MY FOOD SITUATION.
Hello.
So today I have eaten all my meals from a bread base, which is to say: Today I have eaten nothing but bread and a Chicken Kiev.
Thank you and good night.

Things that make me want to eat ALL of my chocolate chips for baking:
~ Being shit tired even though I am suddenly now a calm Zen Timelord (you WOULD THINK, wouldn't you, that I could freeze time and take a nap, since being a Timelord grants me certain powers over the ever-ticking clock. But this is a grave misunderstanding on everyone's parts and I am currently filling out an application to resign)
~ Being tired af
~ Oh! I've already said tired!! Ahahahahaha, what a dill pickle! GO TO BED YOU ELONGATED, SMELLY CUCUMBER
~ Because, for some reason, my closest friend (who really hasn't been my closest friend for a long time now, ever since she forgot my birthday for the third year in a row (and that was exactly one year ago, so in all actuality, she's missed four and it hurts like a mofo)) decides to ignore me when I'm angry at her and therefore visits my house to see the other person living in it and ignores me entirely while laughing like a mentally-retarded hyena at everything said. It's mean and unnecessary. We are adults and therefore if someone is angry at you, ESPECIALLY a friend or family member, you find out why, you work it out, you apologise, and you act like a fucking mature adult.
Now I realise that age does not equal maturity. I have been let down and constantly hurt by this friend for a long time, so even though I should have expected nothing more and known better, it just shows her character as a human being and makes the despair I feel for the world in general grow to higher levels.
~ Because they are there and taste delicious
~ THEY DON'T ACTUALLY TASTE DELICIOUS. THIS IS A LIE, JUST LIKE THE CAKE, AND WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD LOSER, HAVE A LEMON.

My Delectable Dinner
Due to my ability to be as weird and sporadic as humanly possible, I decided to cut off the bits of mould on my bread and toast them with sardines. I then realised that I had about half of each toast in the toaster, so when they pooped they didn't pop up the whole way, so I then had to do what every good parent warns their young'n not to do, and that was stick a knife in the toaster to lever the toast out. All in all, I feel pretty good about my bits of toast with sardines for my evening meal. Also, HOW FREAKIN GOOD IS IT TO DRINK COFFEE AT 7PM?

Let's see if I can remember the food I consumed for the past week
Well.
Today was bread in all it's glory.
Yesterday I ran out of my beloved cold porridge with yoghurt and cinnamon, which I have been eating for the past week and it has been sublime, subjected to bouts of spillage, and subconsciously fantasised about in various locations without my consent.
Saturday I ate porridge for breakfast, a cheese sandwich and banana for mid-morning snack, some biscuits for lunch, spaghetti bolognnaise for afternoon snack, and toast for dinner.
Friday I had porridge for breakfast, vegemite sandwich for lunch, spaghetti for afternoon snack and probably eggs for dinner as I can't remember back that far.
Sometimes food served at work can be eaten, which is nice but not guaranteed.
I have never been one to cook. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes and sit in the corner of the lounge room as a human pin cushion, should anyone feel the urge to start sewing by hand or, indeed, require a lot of needles to be safely secured in one very obvious place. But I'm getting better at actually preparing and doing the cooking required to not eat bread and eggs for every meal. Go me! ^_^

I don't feel enough discontentment at having a half-painted gnome on my shelf.

Halfway through the challenge now!
It's all uphill! Take off your hiking boots, you will not be needing them. Instead, slide into your rollerblades, or your rollerskates, or step onto your skateboard, scooter, or lounge on your manually-made armchair on wheels, and sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on down to your eight hours of sleep*!

*Not guaranteed for users who hold pinterest accounts or spend their time staring at blank walls.


...some day love will find you, break those chains that bind you...

No comments:

Post a Comment