Wednesday 13 September 2017

How many chickens in your pen?

Day 13
My attention span is slipping! Just like with a four-year degree, I just don't have the determination when it comes to resisting cheezels, you sexy, cheesy, mother of God in food formation.
There are too many of them and not enough hours in the day to consume.

As such,
My recent shopping list looks like this:

~ Smiths thinly teriyaki chicken chips 1.99
~ Cheezels 1.49
~ Wholemeal bread 700gm 1.79
                                                               TOTAL: 5.27

What was that? You're taking part in a no spend challenge? Delightful! Positively astronomical! Pull up one of those fraying pouffes and tell me all about how well it's going...
Ok, enough with the sarcasm.

But like,
What better way to spend a hard-earned day off than lounging around with snacks and all the bread you could ever want?
To make matters fair, I did clean a lot- bloody massive amounts of cleaning happened here today- and I did pause in between tasks to drink coffee and search the web and bask in my general brilliance, so it was a win-win however you look at it. Just don't look too hard. In fact, skim over this entire blog entry and move on to tomorrows, which I'm sure will be much more entertaining and factual.

Things I noticed today:
* The supermarket is suddenly really loud. It's like stepping out of my life as a tv show and right into a commercial break.
* If you run fast enough, you can beat the rain.
* I'm very good at playing the 'What If' game. Such as: what if another spider is sitting in the bottom of my coffee cup? Resulting in me throwing out the leftovers of that coffee and making a new one. You just never know when a bug will actually, in all reality, climb, fall, fly, or jump, into your drink that is one hundred per cent NOT see through.
* A lot of people live in a lot of weirdly-designed houses and I wholeheartedly support this.
* Bed is THE BEST place to be holy chrime is that a mouse I hear?
ARE THEY IN THE WALLS NOW?
CAN THEY  EVEN GET IN?
DOES PEPPERMINT OIL REALLY NOT WORK AS THE MOST DISGUSTING THING FOR A MOUSE TO SMELL EVER, AND IF SO, WHY DO I HAVE EIGHTEEN BOTTLES OF IT SITTING OUT ON THE DECK?

Things I did that made me happy and improved my general well-being: 
* Tidied the house
* Arranged candles and crystals in the bathroom to give the room a positive vibe and promote healing
* Moisturised my hands with lavender cream twice
* Stayed in bed the Whole Day
* Read
* Searched the web and laughed, learned, frowned, cringed, laughed again, and so on
* Threw out all the old food in my fridge
* Drank 9 glasses of water. I am not joking. This shit is gold. And I'm talking about the real deal tap water, unless your tap water is contaminated or tastes revolting, just drink the tap. You will feel your cells literally rejuvenate there and then.

I don't feel too bad for spending money today. I thought I would feel shit as a chipped brick, and I kind of did while walking down the aisles looking for the cheesy wonder because I knew I was doing something wrong. But, like, was it wrong? In the terms of 'spend nothing but essential grocery', it was kind of wrong because chips are neither essential nor nutritious. However, I experienced that feel-good feeling when I ate them while doing my usual scroll through real-estate and pinterest, and life is short people! Get the feeling! All the YOLO! All the chocolate pudding! 

Amen.
May peace be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment