Thursday 7 September 2017

How long until I can open my eyes?

Day 7
A week has past and I am still alive, in human form, and craving the moist foods more than ever!
One whole week without spending a single thing!!
*Cough.
Yes. Well.
Ahem.
>__<

Also, it's been a week without my mountainous mountains of toast, and I just realised this, today, so that just shows how observant I am.
Ok! The first week on this challenge has literally been like any other week except I have worried more over spending and apparently eaten less. I actually think I'm losing weight.
Whether it's due to my apparent disinterest in food, maybe because I don't see any I like and so don't bother to eat it (I've had two frozen meals of weird looking chicken in a mustardy sauce that I'm sure tastes DELICIOUS sitting in the fridge for the whole week but I just can't make myself eat it- however I did take one of them to work in a bowl. I lugged it there in a carry bag, sat it in the fridge for the whole double shift, and then hauled it right back home again, stressing the whole way that it would tip in the car and spill it's weird mustard sauce all over my car floor), or whether it's due to the fact that I subconsciously spend a shit tonne of money somehow on random groceries everyday, the fact still remains: there is edible food in my fridge yet I feel hungry and thinner than last week.
How is this even possible?
Today I spent a great deal of energy pulling my pants up.
I've often had a theory that peoples round tummies are due to constant eating without giving their digestion time to process it all and rest in between.
Anyhow, I noticed that I experienced a few headaches over the week and wondered if it was from the extreme use of heaters causing dehydration, overworking causing exhaustion, or just general everyday stress such as: 'Are my eyebrowse really that shape?' 'Is there a way to make these sleeves longer without any effort on my part?' and 'Holy Mackeral! Three hours past my bedtime, but I really must scroll another five minutes on Pinterest'.
You know, the really important ones.
Dayum son, Pinterest is GOD. Literal God in computer app form.

Now, the weight loss was not my intention and I must say that I believe it's a combination of working more double shifts in the past month as well as eating less overall. So I must keep an eye on that.
I also need to keep an eye on my sleeping patterns, because, FUUUUUUCK ME have I been sleeping rough. Just last night I woke up around six times, then one hour before my alarm, slept-walked over to my bedroom light, turned it on, and went back to bed, only to wake up around every 15-20 minutes until my alarm, then I lay in bed for 6 minutes after that. The night before I had that 'wake-up-in-the-dream-to-a-giant-spider-on-my-wall' dream. The one which I have every year or so, where I wake up in my dream and everything in my room is how it is in real life, and in the darkness I have really great vision so I can see things clearer and brighter. Immediately I notice a MONSTROUS black spider somewhere along any one of my walls- and once I even 'saw' a giant spider run behind one of my cabinets- and I usually either yell really loudly and then leap up to switch my light on, or I just leap up and switch the light on then wake up yelling.
I have yet to figure out what these dreams mean, but I hope it's good luck or some other ancient form of wisdom granted in my favour. ^__0v

Ok! Now for the fun part: tallying up the food to see what I have left for this next week.

Food in my freezer:
   3x frozen meals
1 2x soup
   1x ice cream container of soup
   1x tub of actual ice cream
   1x half packet of berries
   1x quarter packet of frozen vegetables
   1x custard and carrot cake
6x 2 slices of bread, wrapped individually

Food in my fridge:
0 1x half carton of eggs
   1x half quarter carton of milk
2x 2 slices of bread, wrapped individually
   a container of half cucumber, half tomato, half avocado, three quarters of a block of cheese OMG I STILL HAVE CHEESE LEFT!!!
0 1x avocado
0  2x tomatoes
2 1x three quarter bag of carrots
   1x half a jar of jam I haven't touched for about two years
   2x bottles of food colouring
   1x half a container of orange juice that I haven't touched in about one month

Food in pantry:
   1x container of oats
0 1x half a packet of jatz crackers
   1x whole bag unopened of brown rice
   1x can of spicy tuna
   1x can of kippers (god knows what they are, but I guess I'll find out!)
   1x bottle half of olive oil
   1x can of gluten free pasta sauce
   1x gluten free pasta (my housemate is gf)
   2x jars of spring water tuna
   1x  half a jar of forest berry jam
   2x cloves of garlic
0 1x half a packet of oreo biscuits >_<
1x half packet of m&ms
   1x half quarter packet of pineapple chews THEY'RE JUST SO BAD, EVERY TIME.
   And, misc baking stuff such as: food colourings, sprinkles, gluten free flour, sugar, drinking chocolate, candy hearts etc.

Food in basket:
   2x onions that have been there for about two weeks
0 5x bananas
0 1x kiwi fruit that has been there for one or two weeks
2x mandarins

So as you can see, I've eaten a lot of bread and frozen meals. I was lucky enough to go shopping before the challenge started, by pure spontaneous whim on a rainy evening when bored and feeling like doing the healthy life thing, which is where some of the more healthy vegetables came from.

This week I believe I have some fatastical budget thing worked out!
*Cringes. *Reaches shakily into Pineapple Chew packet. (Just this one last time, I promise). BUT DO I EVER THROW THE PINEAPPLES OUT?? NO. Why not? Because the first one is just so darn good. And then from that very first moreish bite, it gets worse, and worse, and the slope steepens until all that is left is this one gigantic vertical platform that you regret getting on so all you do is hold on to your unicycle real tight and close your eyes... (Maybe don't do that with the chews though, Cerri! You might miss your mouth and get it in your eye! And you need those!)

I have paid all my important bills and rent and mortgage doodads and when I get the urge to fill up my petrol tank next (probably tomorrow or Saturday), I will take out the 60 for petrol and use 30 for the next seven days. However, my Peterbae lives like on the other side of the planet, and as such, if I want squishy cuddle time I must either catch a plane for six thousand hours to his house or he must sail dangerous high seas at weeks on end to get to mine, and as you can imagine, it's not always in our physical best interest to be lost at sea battling gigantic Krackens or using up entire years worth of flyer points to sit and read three dusty old novels over and over because there is a strict carry-on weight limit.
Yes, there is a limit. I have once paid the price of stuffing every book I own (or maybe just 8) along with my lap-top, two folders, pencil case, paintable gnome, and toiletry bag into one backpack.
And I did not care one bit.

SO MY POINT IS!
There may be more ramble postings about how I went over my spend limit just because I didn't want to lose a limb or go mad from redundant repetition.
And with that, I bid you a cheerio!
Much of the tipping of hats to you, and to me, for making it this far.
Full speed ahead to the next week!
You got this!
       
     *@*
      >];<
 &__[_&
   \____/  

No comments:

Post a Comment