Sunday 17 September 2017

Is sleeping on the job required?

Day 16 & 17
Another two successful two days of no spending!
I admit..  I went to buy petrol today at 30, and I was thinking 'Ehhhh, my day has been kind of stressful with the lack of sleep once again, the hot porridge all over my pants and work shirt and work shoe and other furniture just standing all innocent-like in the immediate vicinity, and, you know, it's such a lovely sunny day and I've said yes to another double shift and I'm so freaking tired... I deserve an ice cream...'
But when I got to the service station and filled up on the ol oil I realised I didn't really want one. I thought 'If I still want one, I'll get one after work.'
And after work all I really wanted was twenty litres of water and a nine hour nap.

I GOT THE GIRLS NAME.

Alright! Some crossing out of the food list time.

Food in my freezer:
2 3x frozen meals
2x soup
   1x ice cream container of soup
   1x tub of actual ice cream
   1x half packet of berries
   1x quarter packet of frozen vegetables
   1x custard and carrot cake
   2x containers of frozen watermelon chopped up

Food in my fridge:
   1x half quarter carton of milk
   one quarter of a block of cheese
   1x half a jar of jam I haven't touched for about two years
   2x bottles of food colouring
   1x half a can of sardines
   1x Connoisseur mousse
   1x container of watermelon chopped up

Food in pantry:
   1x half container of oats
   1x whole bag unopened of brown rice
   1x can of spicy tuna
   1x can of kippers (god knows what they are, but I guess I'll find out!)
   1x bottle half of olive oil
   1x can of gluten free pasta sauce
   1x gluten free pasta (my housemate is gf)
   2x jars of spring water tuna
   1x  half a jar of forest berry jam
   2x cloves of garlic
   And, misc baking stuff such as: food colourings, sprinkles, gluten free flour, sugar, drinking chocolate, candy hearts etc.
   1x can of corn Kernels

Food in basket:
   2x onions that have been there for about two weeks
   2x bananas

Any random food items that weren't on the food list last time and now are even though not mentioned in my daily 'spend tracker' is because someone else bought them for me, such as my nanna when I took her shopping the other day. Now as we ALL know I completely love the grocery shop way, and I would have been perfectly content to wander the aisles and point things things out to her in a jolly tone- damn I think I have indigestion. But she was all, 'did you want anything? Here, buy something too, Cerri...' And so I thought 'Fuck It' and gaily put in things that were cheap.
I HAVE ABANDONED ALL 19.20 BUDGET.
IT WAS RIDICULOUS, BUT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ENTIRELY DOABLE, I just feel much better by spending as little, or as no, money as I can, with the intention to aim for 19.20 but brushing right by it if need be. Or if M&Ms are on sale.

I have a secret: I am very afraid to try the kippers in my cupboard.

Things I gaily put in the trolley:
~ Watermelon
~ can of corn kernels
~ choc chip cookies  (I was actually persuaded and they are SO YUM)
~ choc chips for baking (ALSO YUM)
~ two connoisseur mousse tubs that I was going to share with nanna but she refused
~ cheap bread
~ three bananas

 I plan to cook with pasta and etc above sometime this week so I'll put the corn in too.
Actually, visually looking at a list of everything in my cupboards really helps with the food knowledge. Like, I just discovered, right now, that I have spring water tuna! What good fortune! What sheer luck and a turn of the tables!
It's all coming up Cerri!
(Alright, tone the cheer down guys. It's not that great.)
('Guys'?) (Who's she talking to?)
(Beats me, I'm just her inner conscience)  (No, I'm her inner conscience)
(You're her subtle change in character. She needs you when-) (Now don't go taking over me! I was here first! I'm the oldest and wisest and as-)
(Actually guys...  I was here first...)
(Who are you?( )Who are you?)
(Um, I-)
(MUST you talk over me?) (Oh! EXCUSE ME for interacting with something else! Far be it-)
(Interacting and displaying a rudeness of character are two different things, WHICH you would know had yo-)
(I'll have you know that I went to the finest school is ALL OF BRITAIN!)
(You mean you went to Allard's Y-)
(Uh, guys...?)

Up next with Cerri! Basket weaving for Beginners! Do you love to weave but have never gotten past the first part of weaving? Delay no more! Here at Weavsalot, we have all your weaving supplies covered, from your baskets to your special weaving glue, from your strips of the good stuff to the sharpest scissors two dollars can buy. Don't believe us? Come shop at Weavus! Where your weaving matters.

💝
Holy fuck it's so fantastic... playing ukulele 

No comments:

Post a Comment