Tuesday 12 September 2017

Where can I find a good reusable can?

Day 12
I wonder what it's actually like to wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and 'with it', instead of groggy, hungover, prone to bumping into walls, and in DESPERATE need of a coffee. Maybe two.

Another day of spending nothing! Woohoo! I am kicking this challenges butt! (But in the nice, comical way. I do not encourage the kicking of any butts belonging to a challenge because they can't help what they are. They turn up on our doorstep all pristine, sparkling, neat and new, smiling, turned to a slight degree to show off their fit-as-fuck figure, ready to help us get our game on, and we should welcome them with open arms and something sweet like a Mars Bar. Or MilkyWay. I don't believe MilkyWay gets enough credit for the deliciously confusing chocolate that they are.)

And so! It really helps the no spending thing when you're tired as shit.
Like, I could not get one ounce of strength or summon up one quarter of a care to stop in and buy a chocolate cake from the shops on the way home after work.
It also helps that I only kind of felt like chocolate cake.
I came home, set myself up with my paper workings out of my next project and promptly fell asleep sitting upright, thinking dreamily about Peter and yellow minions carrying oranges around like Walkie Talkies.

Holy crap is that rain? Did I wind my car window up? WHY DO I NEVER WIND MY WINDOW UP? AM I IN SOME KIND OF FANTASY LAND WHERE I ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL DO EVERYTHING I PLAN TO DO? DO I KNOW MYSELF AT ALL??

..

Oh my god I am amazing. I can't for the life of me remember winding up the window but it happened and even though I must have done it to save future me the bother, future me still had to bother with running out in the rainy dark night to check anyway, so that's a lesson for you.

One good thing about this challenge is it is literally making me question why I want junk food. I didn't believe that would ever be the case. I mean, junk food is awesome. It's delicious, mostly cheap, fills that hole and satisfies like no other.
With that being the case, it's a confusing time for my worn out brain when I start asking pointless questions such as: 'Are you trying to comfort yourself with this chocolate bar?' 'Are you really having such a bad day/time/life?' and 'Didn't you just have something junky yesterday, or even, this week?'
GET A GRIP GIRL.
I never took much notice of how much junk I eat. Like, no wonder I feel tired all the time. I can only imagine the work my insides are going through. All  my poor over-burdened organs and cells, wearing hazard protection gear, staring with glazed eyes, floating with apathy and wearily going about their daily functions, and every time I eat a heavily sugary processed item they all sigh in unison, possibly groan in despair. Or just gaze unseeing and uncaring into the pit of doom. The pancreas and intestines all call out lazily 'Anotherrrrrrrr ooooonnnnne incommmiiiiiiiiiiing'.
Frick.
What have I done?

On a more interesting note, I read somewhere that each chocolate bar contains at LEAST seven insects legs. Or just whole insects.
I had my suspicions ever since reading about how red desserts like yoghurt, icecream, food colouring, etc, is made out of crushed up Cochineal beetles, and then I went on thinking about a lot of the food manufacturing theories, the abuse, the factories, and how everyone is trying to save a dollar, do the dirty, cut corners, forget and move on, and I thought that something along these lines could be happening to pretty much ALL of the food we eat.

Still, I really love cake.

💖

OMG WAIT.
I MET THAT GIRL AGAIN.
THE ONE WITH THE HAIR AND THE IMPOSSIBLE SMELL AND THE EYE GAZING and she really wasn't up close what she appeared to be at a distance.
However, upon realising her existence once again I was overcome, overcome people, with this giddy feeling like the one reserved for being near a crush, or winning a million dollars, or finding a single wrapped chocolate Oreo cookie in the car.
And I will say that I had a short but meaningful conversation with her that left me skipping down the hall with a bigass smile on my face.
It was:
Magical girl of heavenly bliss: 'Oh, is that Mrs Rubenstein's tray?'
Me: 'No this is Mr Harb's tray.'
Girl: 'Oh Ok!'
I walk off. My mind screams 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU CALL THAT INTERACTION? GET BACK THERE AND ACTUALLY GET RUBENSTEINS TRAY.'
I stop and turn, then remember I already have a tray, turn back and take a step, stop, turn, and so on.
When I finally return back to where she is two hours later, I ask from seven hundred miles down the hall in overly-eager fashion: 'Did you want Rubenstein's tray?'
'Yes, please, thanks,' HOWEVER I CAN'T REMEMBER IF SHE SAID PLEASE, OR THANKS, I JUST PUT THEM IN THERE BECAUSE ANY GIRL OF THE MAGICAL BLISS IN MY WORLD WOULD HAVE MANNERS AND IMPECCABLE POSTURE. (I have a sneaky suspicion she just said 'Yeah thanks' but one can dream).
I get it all did in a real enthusiastic and bright way, hand her the tray and say 'there you go.'
Girl: 'thanks' BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER IF SHE SAID THANKS OR THANK YOU AND I'M NOT SURE WHICH ONE I PREFER SO I CAN'T ALTER THE SCENARIO IN MY HEAD.
And that... was our divine interaction.
Amen.
Literal work of GOD, right there.

1 comment:

  1. You should pop to Foodland between 7 - 9pm, they usually have cakes reduced to $2-$3! You could satisfy the craving AND keep it within the budget!

    ReplyDelete