Monday 11 September 2017

What's worth waiting for when time gives you the slip?

Day 11
So it's taken me a while to realise that, hey, I no longer have to check my last blog post to find out what day I'm on with this challenge! I can just look at the date on my computer screen!
(Yes, I know... how I got this far is a mystery to me, too...)
Consequently I'm now CRAVING for some HJ's onion rings like a mofo... like, zomg, come to my house and feed me millions of these little wonders, thanks!
(But don't really because I just ate dinner). (If you are going to come, just bring a chocolate milkshake). (Double chocolate).

Moving on.
Today I have spent NOTHING. Not a cent, even though I fantasised about packets of cheesy chips while doing my all-time-fave scroll through pinterest. Then I thought: 'why not just make hot marmalade toast?'
And I dropped my bag, kicked off my shoes, made the toast and curled up in bed giggling like a mad school girl.
And literally nothing happened.
I ate the toast, I scrolled, I didn't even think about cheesy chips until a while later when admitting my near-miss to my friend who is also undertaking this whopper of a challenge, and even then, the chips materialised into my mind and then vanished quickly when I found an amusing pin.

Also today, I had eye sex with a girl and it was literally a life-changing moment.
There was a life, and it was changed.
Have you ever seen someone who looks Just Like The Merging of Two People You Know? As if some scientist in a messy lab sat tirelessly every night on his computer, pressing the 'human generator' key like on the Sims, saw a version of a person he liked and yelled "VOILA! THIS ONE!" and upturned all his tables, smashed all his smoking chemical vials, ignored his first ever creation sitting patiently but awkward in a camping chair (Frankenstein) in such haste to create the new perfect human.
And it did happen, because I saw her today and we locked eyes, I looked away, looked back to realise she hadn't looked away the first time and we locked eyes again, then I looked away again, gathered my shit and firmly stared back, because, enough of this bashful nonsense. If some magically looking chick is staring at you from afar, you bloody well stare back at her from afar too, and you make that stare alluring and captivating and you make sure you time your blinks and create an expression of 'I am peacefully in the moment' as well as 'this toasted cheese sandwich is the greatest food I have ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth'.

And I have to say, she looked at me a few more times after that. I had wondered if she was surprised to see such a spritely (is spritely not a word? Ohhh sprightly, well top hats off to you, then...) young chicken in a place of immense old age, or if she recognised me from somewhere else, but those practical thoughts were overridden by the 'YES! IT'S THAT ACTRESS, WHATSERNAME? FROM THAT MOVIE, WHATSITCALLED? FUCK ME WITH A FRYING PAN' thought that repeatedly ran through my mind every time she moved.
And she was so graceful!
And her hair was this amazing dark brown, and looked really shiny and kind of thin, but thin in a good way so it sits nicely in one of those clips so strands don't fall out and make you curse the heavens for such a thick poppycockish blanket of a hairpiece.
Straight after she left, I got into the elevator and there was this beautiful smell that I immediately associated with her, even though it could have belonged to any one of the lovely people in my workplace, but I somehow thought 'nope, it is from the gorgeous maiden of plain features (because she did look astoundingly plain, in the dark-features kind of variety) and so it will ever be'.
Accordingly, the thirty-second elevator ride was one of utter Eastern yen for me.
I did squint at her name badge, but I was too far away, and this has somehow started a Romeo and Juliet scenario because I fear I will never be close enough to hold a conversation, see her flawed skin up close (she must have some flaws and they will be in her skin at some degree), or even catch her name with my fading eyesight.
Am I going blind with lust?
Probably not. I can still see very well, and I am not swaying the way of that just yet.
But, my GOD, what a time.

I came back from my tea run with terribly sore feet and a desperate irked feeling that there were still TWO MORE HOURS left of work even though I was astoundingly exhausted at that very moment so it was only fair to let me off right there and then, to find the dishwasher maintenance man playing around with the dishwasher, and he's also one fine specimen of a man.
But, let's hold up here.
Because he's completely different from the whole trance experience I was put into by that girl above.
This man is probably a few year older than I am, and he is not hot, smokin, sexy, or even that attractive actually, when I put some thought into it. But he has that 'good looking' vibe because he looks like a 'good man'. If that makes sense. (Please say it does. Trying to do the word thing is extremely hard because my eyes keep drooping on account of my refusal to have an after-work nap due to the fact that I'd like to be able to sleep tonight, so my sentence-making ability is kind of all over the place. Like a Doctor Who timeline). Oh my god I'm starving. How is this possible?
I would KILL for a cheeseburger, even though I hate franchised meat.
So this guy is just an all-round nice looking guy. And he comes in every now and then because we have the worst dishwashers around. I can bet maybe twelve dollars that half of my colleagues anxiety is due to whether or not the dishwasher will leak today. WHY ARE ALL THE WORDS SUDDENLY HARD TO SPELL?
I'd like to thank Spell Checker- the times I have relied on you are like no other. Most of my other life experiences and faithful helpers pale in comparison to the enormous effort you put in every day to ensure I am completely understood.
A minutes silence.
I think I just heard a mouse.
So the point is, these people brought my day up to a cloud of sparkly rainbows and, additionally, pulled in some external chaos, too, seeing as how the dishwasher guy kept talking to me while I was doing little things that required my full attention as I was so inebriated with the tireds, resulting in me dropping forks, missing a whole page of checklist signing, knocking into furniture, and replying to him while he was still talking.
And I will always maintain that there is no other than my Peterbae, amen, so seeing that awkward side of me was a good thing. However, there is no harm in basking in the glory that is having a conversation with a nice looking man who wears a hat.
Lord knows how I feel about hats.

All in all, not a bad start to week two of my no spend challenge.
I hope the apathy that I'm starting to feel for this absurd 'no spend' business will dissolve after a good nights sleep (HA! What's that?) and I can focus once more.

Good God I once again have no clean towels. Or, more appropriately, I have no dry towels. I once went out and physically bought a towel from a supermarket so I could have one to use in place of all the damp once.
Such is the life of Winter.
FUCK OFF WINTER, IT'S SPRING ALREADY. LET MY TOWELS DRY AND MY FACE AND RIGHT ARM FINALLY FEEL THE STING OF SUNBURN, THANKS.


Living in the never, I'm not looking to survive,
It's a given that I can't control, (I'd rather run and hide),
attempt to fix my current state? ... I wouldn't even try.
(c) 

3 comments:

  1. I love that we can struggle and complain together! I spent $10.15 today, but on very basic groceries. A whole bag even. All in all today I spent $15.15. We've got this!! We'll have to celebrate this Friday about being half way through :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes for sure! We so totally have this! 10.15 on groceries is amazing, did you stare longingly at all the delicious foods you wanted? Imagine how much willpower and determination we'll gain at the end ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did stare longingly!! Our willpower is growing :D

      Delete