Saturday 23 September 2017

Where do dreams come from?

Day 23
There are times in my life where I can sit for hours and be peacefully browsing the web in a real lazy 'killing off the last few good brain cells I have' kind of way, and then there are times where I race around in a flurry doing everything at top speed and sort of internally cursing time for being a slippery mofo while also trying to come up with a worthwhile bargain for more.
Would it accept a pair of pink, stripey socks, perhaps?
Too feminine?
Maybe a jingle bell hat?
Or a pair of broken, yellow suspenders?
Does time even wear pants?

Damn why is once again 11pm?
Ok, so very quickly, this one time I was eating chips in the staff room and this male nurse came in and he was entirely amused that I was eating chips. Then later in the day I was once again in the staff room and it was once again a packet of chips, and ONCE AGAIN, this male nurse saw me eating them.
So fast forward a couple of days, maybe a week, and he was walking past me in the hallway with another female nurse. I said hi, he said hi, the female nurse asked 'no chips today?'
I was like, 'ohhhh nooooo... I'm now the chip girl...'
And so it has remained until this very day.
Godfuckdamn chips are the best.

Today I have spent nothing! What a hoot! And I have, yet again, done a double shift. A resident gave me a box of chocolates. A bird flew into a window. I fixed a remote control with cling wrap. I did that whole 'sailing through the day without a real interest in the goings on', because I thought 'well, what is the point?'

I have a funny feeling aliens were involved somehow, only I can't remember and couldn't possibly see how.

My day was...
~ Opening yoghurt tubs
~ Passing shrubbery
~ Thinking things like 'why can I still not touch my toes? I'm an adult now!'
~ Getting stuck with doing tasks others left behind
~ A funny sort of here and there mild cramp/abdomen pain
~ Strands of hair hanging in front of the eyes due to soft hair from childrens all in one shampoo/conditioner/bodywash
~ Clicking my green pen in a distracted yet purposeful way


And that is all.
Namaste!


.^  .  ^.
\   ..   /
 \      /
   \../

No comments:

Post a Comment