Friday 29 September 2017

Did you really use bean curd?

Day 29
Frig.
One more day.

Alright people, I'm not gunna lie- and let me tell you, I was going to. I was actually quite ashamed and perhaps not ashamed but more in a state of boredom that I didn't wish to reveal to anyone because I literally went out whilst in a fit of boredom and purchased a trucktonne (see what I did there? For the more pg readers... ;) IF YOU'RE A PG READER WHY ARE YOU READING MY BLOG? I WILL NOT CENSOR THE ESSENCE OF CERRI FOR THE INNOCENCE OF SOME READERS WHO PROBABLY AREN'T EVEN READING) of snacks. And I'm not talking the toy truck kind of load, where you walk out with a large packet of chips, a bottle of coke and maybe some lollies to tide you over until tomorrow. No, I'm talking THREE packets of chips in various flavours, all which were shit, not even joking, italics will never be enough to make up for the regret I have ultimately faced today. As well as a chocolate iced coffee drink, which I very well think is giving me heart palpitations- not the actual carton iced coffee because WE ALL KNOW what little coffee there is in that carton, oh ho ho, don't even be fooled mate. I'm talking about the three coffees I have in like the span of five hours because 'the clock says it's 10am and that's basically universal coffee time'... and then 'oh! It's 12.40 noon, well that's almost 1pm, and everyone knows that 1pm is entirely acceptable for coffee drinking, because so much work has been one and still has to be done that it's only fair to fuel up. Come on then FUEL UP, it's time to shine!'

Fuck.

Can I just interrupt myself and declare how soft and silky my hair is when I use the childrens all in one three in one cheapass shampoo/bodywash/conditioner? It's like, the feel of it renders me speechless. And that is some hard nut to crack there, because I read a lot and write a lot and generally like to throw my ideas around in a free-for-all-but-obviously-copywrited way.

Shit me I'm thirsty as fuck.

Ok, anyway, so I bought the chips, then I bought the nippy's iced coffee, then I bought a packet of allens mixed party bag of lollies, AND THEN I was tempted to also grab a bag of freddo frog heads. (Must be the witch in me).

So something I've noticed during this no spend month that is mercifully almost over, coz GOD have I eaten a lot of junk under the assumption that a famine was happening. And that something is the bad feelings I have had when buying food.
It's all bad! ALL OF IT, ALL THE TIME.
Well.
It's the standing in the aisles with a craving so heavy you could sink four feet right into the floor from it. Ir's the guilt for buying chips instead of fruit, or even, lets be honest, vegetables, because I'm sure I have not purchased a single healthy veggie in this whole month, nor have I eaten my frozen veggie pack or actually cooked my whole un-opened bag of rice or pasta.
I feel like a failure! But worse, I feel like I've missed opportunities just because I was lazy or didn't feel like cooking.
However seeing as that is the Cerri way, I should not be too hard on myself because I hate cooking anyway.
It's the counting the monies, and really wanting the good stuff but then realising if I got the good stuff I'd have to blog about how lame I was, and it was entirely unfair. It has felt like a prison.


Ok, so down to the important stuff, which is the reason why I blogged for one month straight about literally nothing.

I mentioned that my usual pay was 1,200 every fortnight.
I didn't mention that I like to do this game where I put 100 or 200 etc into a savings account each fortnight, or leave it in my atm account, thinking 'Yes! I am a saver, I am equipped with knowledge and power and all things great'.
Then I walk around in a strut for a few days all amped up on my current savings will of the determined, like a man made out of iron or a man who could use iron to create strong things, or just a strong man who doesn't have anything to do with iron whatsoever, but I was proud and cocky, is what the general gist of this is.
But then maybe a week before payday or the starting week of payday week, I'd get real low on my money having spent it all on food or coffees out with friends or dinners etc, and I'd always take it out again.
And it was a never-ending cycle of trying to save yet never quite getting there.

So! I am happy to announce that this month I have saved a grand total of 310.00
Yep!
THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!
That's a shittonne of coffees and cute little penguin key chains!

How I managed to save three hundred dollars in one month:
~ Apart from the fact that I hardly went anywhere that required payment and had the option of working more shifts than normal resulting in more pay
~ After my usual expenses were taken out, I would take out 100 for myself only that had to last me for that whole two weeks. 60 of that went to petrol and then 20.00 (or shall we say 19.20) of that went to my groceries
~ It wasn't easy. I was invited for coffee and I had to say no. I really wanted to go to a dessert bar with drinks that had cake piled on top of the glass, along with cookies and mountains of whipped cream and runny chocolate. I was invited to join a girl who I work with and who I'm fond of and keen to get to know better to go to the gym and do classes with her, which I was SO KEEN, because it's time I worked off all this junk in my trunk. My legs and arms may be twigs, but I always seem to look at least two months pregnant- which isn't great on all accounts because I don't get the 'glorious baby surprise' at the end of it, but I also don't get the nice flat tummy without it. I need to tone up, and I need to spend money because Lord knows I won't do it on my own free will.

My money incomings and outgoings:

WAGE
1,300
-  275  rent
 1025
 50  super
   975
 400  mortgage
   575
- 120  bills
   455
- 200  savings goal
   255
- 100  me everything
   155

So that 155 was the money I left in the account and after the second week I had another 155 which added up to 310. However, like all good things that occur when one practices the Law of Attraction, I managed to score a lot of extra shifts, thus my pay was more in the 1,500 bracket. But! I did not touch it! I took out my 100, and I never ever used eftpos or took money out at the bank. I literally just used whatever was in my purse and then waited for the next payday. And I did not count my 'extra money' from those extra shifts because they are not the norm. A lot of people are off sick with the flu or having a wild time in Hawaii with their annual leave, so I am grabbing the moolah while I can.
I ran out of yoghurt and bread at one stage, and I ran out of Vegemite and even butter. I have a kind mother who gave me some food every now and again, and nanna even bought me a few little groceries once. I wanted avocado, but I wanted chips more, so in the end chips won out and I suffered. My health was actually bloody brilliant, I never took a sick day and I managed to work with stamina, good grace, positivity, and sheer will. I wondered how my bowels would go with the newfound porridge for breakfast instead of toasts, but they didn't really change.

Now, we all know that bowel movements and gut workings are a baseline for how healthy a person is. Well, I mean, everyone who works in aged care, with elderly or babies, or happens to study nursing, nutrition, health, health science, etc.

That's all I'm saying. Gut health. Do it. Live it. Be it. Suggest it, nod at the looks of disgust and walk away knowing that you changed somebody's life. Or grossed them out, it's all the same.

Your body runs on what you put in it. That is literally the only fact of human science. You've heard it before: our bodies are a machine and need fuel from food that gives us nutrients that we convert into energy.
I mentioned a while ago that I was tired af all the time, and a bit pimply, which is something I've noticed when consuming lots of crap foods (if you can even call them foods, more like a bunch of toxins and nasty chemicals in solid form). Chips give me whiteheads and chocolate makes me itch.
Now! If everything that can move and perform tasks on its own is classified as alive, then it makes sense that the cells inside our bodies are also alive. They've (random sciencey people) done experiments on two glasses of water, one with ugly words such as 'hate, ugly, worthless' etc taped onto it and one with kind words such as 'beautiful, strong, intelligent' etc taped to it, and every day these scientists would stand in front of the water glasses and say these words to them. They repeated this over and over for whatever time frame they had, and they monitored the water at a cellular level. They noticed changes to both glasses, the negatively-taped glass had reacted one way and the positively-taped glass had reacted the complete opposite way, and both of their cells structures had changed. So not only had those words affected the two glasses, they had also changed the cell structure of the waters.
Imagine what your thoughts and words are doing to your cells this very minute.
But not only that, if a mere thought can change you cell structure inside your body, imagine, just imagine, what the crap we put in our mouths is doing to our cells and organs.
I may be viewed negatively for this opinion, but I have always believed that the food and drink we consume is giving us cancer, and not only cancer but a range of other diseases that we would not have.
Such as depression and anxiety. I developed anxiety due to a traumatic event in my late teenage years, and straight away the doctor prescribed me ant-anxieties. I walked out like 'Well, I really wanted coping mechanisms, but ok...'
I never bought the prescription, instead whenever I had an anxiety attack I would make a cup of chamomile tea and read a book that I found calming. It didn't always work. Sometimes I'd be in an anxiety attack for a good hour with the feeling of impending doom even though everything was calm and ok. It was bizarre, I didn't care for it, but every time I experienced it I would make the tea first, then sit down and force myself to read a book.
Gradually the attacks wore off. I'm still wary about a lot of things and prone to overthinking, worrying, and catastrophizing situations, but I do not experience those attacks and I legit still have the prescription.

I do believe some people need medication because it works for them. I'm just saying, it's now very common to hear people say they're on or have been on or are going on anti-depressants or anti-anxieties and I wonder about it. I know the world is a dark place, but surely not that dark.

Anyway!
That has been 'Beliefs of the Cerri kind'. Thank you for listening.

Au Revoir
Good Day
and, Madam! I Decline!
All at once.

   \"/
[6__--]

No comments:

Post a Comment