Wednesday 1 November 2017

Why must I always go forth?

Hello! And welcome to my Healthy Eating Challenge.
I'd love to know why this website has only seven font types, six of them that all look annoying similar and none of them cursive.
How are we supposed to let free our creative spirit?
Basically, by choosing this outrageous seventh font and using our wild imagination.
Cries in corner.
Ok! And onwards! To the present, where I can't remember which font I started in and even though I am fairly certain this is the one, I still stop at random words and squint in fearful uncertainty.
Thank you, Blogger.
Anyone else have trouble wording the sentences after a period of time away from blogging, or it just me?
Anyone else do the 'clearing throat mmmmmmhmmmmmmm' in a really long, loud, angry way and end up mentally apologising with a verbal 'God that was loud, Jesus' muttering?

Ok, let's wrap up this dramatic introduction because, Cerri, your weirdness is showing.

Rules for the Healthy Eating
So exciting! A good ol chum and I decided to participate in a whole month of healthy eating, that is to say: we both have different rules and goals but the consistences are the length and the health inducingness. We need more health and we want it now!
My rules:
~ DO NOT LEAVE HALF-FULL CUPS OF WATER AROUND YOUR ROOM. YOU WILL SPILL THEM. YOU WILL SPILL THEM EVERY TIME BECAUSE IT'S MURPHY'S LAW, AND YOU WILL USE EVERY SWEAR WORD UNDER THE SUN. JUST DRINK THE ENTIRE THING STRAIGHT UP, BURP, INCUR INDIGESTION AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR DAY.
~ Holy mother of god, my desk is making this taping sound every time I type as if a little earring is hitting it. I must go forth with music on.
~ I decided to vamp up my bedroom like the adult I am and this entailed moving my laptop from the comfyness of my bed to the studiousness of my desk, then moving my little tv from the back of the desk up onto a little tiny coffee table that sits on my desk (which could be the source of the tapping) in the process of creating a desk situation where I can be a HD accepting student/manage a side-hustle business making and selling jewellery/continuing and finishing my fantasy novel/creating a plan to build my very first house/paint garden gnomes in a state of blissful peace.
Now. Problems with this cheapass set up:
* The table and tv are making irritating noises to which I have to tune out with Cheerful and Upbeat Music - Happy Background Music - Uplifting and Fun Instrumental Music courtesy of the Youtube. And it DOES lift me up. I started tapping my foot and laughing at my irritation and the absurd xylophone tones.
* The desk is just a LITTLE too high for me to reach the keyboard comfortably. And I mean, this desk was custom made by my dad when I was about 14, so I (that tune is getting real annoying, too, as it does not change- oh there it goes! This music is SO FUNNY OMG, thank you sweet Jesus) assume he thought I'd grow into it. Well, I think we all thought that at some point in time, and look where it got us.
* I stole the little coffee table from hard rubbish and I assume it was not designed to sit on a desk and hold up a tv.
Actually that is the only qualm I have. This music is so calming. I can literally feel my annoyance fade away into a sort of 'problems with this charming and perfectly-set-up desk? Not one! It's a dream, honestly, a dream!"
Ok, so this guitar bit is not that great. Hang on a moment while I change songs.... Ahhhh, yes, the ukelele. Dreams do come true. Although this tune isn't giving me great vibes either. I feel sort of empty in the home. As if I was painting my house in the early afternoon, occasionally looking over to my big white and black dog lying in the sun while the bees and butterflies floated around him (all my future dogs will be boys, of course) and oh thank CHRIST the playschoolesque flashbacks have stopped, now to be replaced with a faster ukelele tune.
Hold on while I change again.
OHHH YEAHHHHHH BOI
Pure Clean Positive Energy Vibration, Meditation Music, Healing Music, Relax Mind, Body and Soul.
If that doesn't do it I don't know what will. Although, now the tapping has come back into my sphere.
Nope.
OK HOLD UP. CELLO MUSIC. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING KNOWS THE CELLO BELONGS IN MY HEART AND SOUL. Fuck that does nothing to stop the tapping. Ok, back to happy and uplifting. Ooooh Jazz.
And up next: How Cerri fooled everyone into thinking she was doing a health challenge, but was really just testing music.
This Jazz is not Doing It for me.
Ok, here we go: Morning Music for Positive Energy, Light instrumental music for raising mood. Oh wow, it's got the flute! THE FLUTE! ANOTHER SOUL-SATISFYING WINNER. But also, the Organ?
Anyway, I'll stick with this one because while it doesn't entirely block out the tapping, it certainly entertains me with it's rapid change of instrument and volume. Even though the volume thing is annoying. I'm picturing early morning breakfast on a fancy white outdoor table, surrounded by rose bushes, feeling the crisp, chilly air of the early rising hour, checking the watch to see how long until all my elderly friends arrive, and hoping to GOD Charleyne doesn't bring her little sausage dog called Twinkle Toe.

ALRIGHT THEN!
Back to my challenge. Oh Lord now there's a horn like on Lord of the Rings. I CAN ONLY BE IN ONE FANTASY AT A TIME.

Healthy Rules
~ Ok, it got its sad violin on all up in my grill, so I changed it to Morning Motivation: energy, motivation, focus, Isochronic tones, and sculled two glasses of water to aid the beginnings of this headache.
~ Rule Number One. Fuck what? I have to exercise too??
Ok!

My Rules
~ No sugar, chocolates, chips, junk food, processed foods, takeaways such as Macdonalds or Pizza Hut etc, healthy takeout foods are ok such as sushi or burgers from a deli or healthy pizza.
~ Just like the no spend challenge I will record what I eat, when I eat, my motives, etc
~ I will weigh myself every week, which will be about as dull as watching grass grow because I can promise you my weight does not move at all.
~ Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
~ Pick and record an exercise. My exercise will be jogging around the block everyday - except today as it's almost 9pm and I haven't done a single energetic thing, amen.
~ Revel in my newfound gloriousness.

Aim of this challenge
To hopefully feel more energetic and curb snacking on crap.

Day 1
I turned off the music due to the increasing headache but I will find my peaceful, concentration-inducing, noise-cancelling, rock-out zen tune in no time.

Today I have eaten:
8 am - Breakfast 2 hard-boiled eggs and black coffee
glass of water
11 am - Snack 1 carrot
2 glasses of water
11.55 am - Yoghurt and white coffee no sugar
1.15 pm -  handful of cashews
3.06 pm - 2 peanut butter on toast, white coffee
5.54 pm - mini bag of lollies and chocolates that I made up for Halloween yesterday
7 pm - hamburger with the lot (egg, onion, bacon, sauce, lettuce) from a deli
7.40 pm - weak white coffee
two glasses of water

I weigh:
50.2 kilos

Exercise I have done:
None *Insert sly smirk here. (It's my first day off after five days on, four of them double shifts! I deserve to lie around in bed and read trashy but addictive novels)

Water I have consumed:
5

And to be real honest here, I feel quite nauseous. I think the burger was too big, or there were too many coffees consumed and not enough water, or the usual medication is just being a fuckwit. Oh! I could wear headphones! Yes I'll try that next time. As you can see, I consumed lollies. I fantasised about them all day because I just wanted to lie in bed with the curtains drawn, watch Supernatural while munching on chips, which is my usual downtime activity and it really does soothe the twisted, blackened, sliver of a piece of soul that I still currently have, what with selling some of it and losing some more god-knows-where. So when an unexpectedly sad situation occurred I thought 'Fuck it' and ate one of the snack Halloween bags, thinking 'I've got alllllllll of November to get this challenge on the straight and narrow'.  V__V

Note: I'm currently on Iron tablets for extreme iron deficiency from a health issue. Side effects of these that I am currently experiencing are: increased passing of the wind, green-black sloppy bowel motions, bloating, nausea and tummy upsets, tummy gurgling and queasiness, and occasional cramping/abdomen pain. Fun times! So sometimes I will be unsure if I am feeling off due to food or the meds and it will be outrageously spontaneous in all accounts.

The food situation:
Food in my freezer:
   4x frozen meals
   1x soup
   1x ice cream container of soup
   1x quarter packet of frozen vegetables
   1x slice of bacon
   2x pasta salads
   5x snack bags of frozen peas
   1x quarter of puff pastry
   2x fish

Food in my fridge:
   1x 3 quarters carton of milk
   1x half dozen eggs
   1x half a jar of jam I haven't touched for about two years
   1x quarter of apple cider vinegar
   1x little piece of cake peterbae gave me 💕💕 PETERBAE IS THE BEST OMG ALL THE SQUISH, but that I will give to my parents tomorrow. The chocolate, not Peter

Food in pantry:
   1x three quarters of jar of peanutshitbutter
   1x whole bag unopened of brown rice YES IT'S STILL THERE
   1x can of kippers (god knows what they are, but I guess I'll find out!) THESE WERE REALLY NICE ACTUALLY ^_^
   1x bottle half of olive oil
   1x can of gluten free pasta sauce
   1x gluten free pasta (my housemate is gf)
   1x  half a jar of forest berry jam
   2x cloves of garlic
   And, misc baking stuff such as: food colourings, sprinkles, gluten free flour, sugar, drinking chocolate, candy hearts etc.
   1x half pkt of weetbix
   1x quarter of Robert Timms coffee
   1x half a vial of ground cinnamon
   1x half vegemite jar
   1x three quarters beef stock powder gluten free
   1x jar of pickled veg that I will not eat nor know what to do with as it was a present from my mum and no one else wants it
   1x half jar or crystalised honey
   1x half a freddo frog chocolate block that I will give to my parents tomorrow
   1x pure green tea box
   1x ginger and apple tea box
   1x English Breakfast tea box

Food in basket:
   2x onions that have been there for about two weeks months
   1x orange

There was a time when I substituted cold hard coffee for the light airy english breakfast tea in hopes to aid my tummy upsets. The Girl has left work probably because she has completed her thingamajig and I find myself sort of in a phase of 'what could have been but most likely would not have been, oh if only people opened up and weren't afraid to chat'. I ate the Kippers and they were smelly edible creations that I am fond of yet not keen to constantly buy. 
October has sped by. All I think I did was work double shifts and read.

And forwards! Into tomorrow! Where I will do the double shift life, continue my desk up-grade, flush my system out with the garden of leafy green consumables, and enjoy downtime with The state of Grace by Catherine Donnelly. 

Tootleyhoooo!

--__^

No comments:

Post a Comment