Sunday 9 September 2018

Do I have to go to work tomorrow?

Hello there!

A quick note: I have not taken this challenge seriously at all. Huehuehueeeeeeee

Something true: What I have taken seriously is every single person suffering in every single part of the globe, particularly girls sold into the sex slave trade.
~ It's a real problem
Scenario: I will be randomly driving along the road in the sunshine listening to music, when suddenly the thought of any poor girl in that heinous position will flit through my mind, causing me a great deal of anguish, guilt, and disgust. I feel utterly helpless to do anything for them- being just one small girl myself- and I feel bucket-loads of extreme guilt. How dare I be allowed to live this comfortable modern life while others on the planet are suffering so? I have taken no part in their suffering yet I am haunted.
~~ So.. it's a Real Problem
Must I make peace with my situation and accept the ying-yang of life in all its essence, believing that somehow whatever greater being above or around has a 'grand plan'? Must I take a philosophy class and absorb all religious/philosophical content while also partaking in hours of soul meditation and god-like levels of serenity?

The Reality of Life: How To Deal With Terrible Situations That Have Nothing To Do with you But Could If Only You Tried Hard Enough

Further on, my plants are growing massively! They are now three times the size they were in previous posts when I was lugging them about the place. I no longer lug these days, I just chug. Mouthfuls of strongass coffee. HUEHUEHUE.
But in all realness that is entirely 84% less real then my last post will ever be, sometimes you just want to chug a really bombass coffee and there is none so you die a little on the inside. And sometimes you just need to clean your house, knit your hat, and scroll through pinterest until your fingers cramp.


6TH SEPTEMBER [THURSDAY]
Slept
Yesterday's sleep marked the pattern of 'pass out at 7pm, wake up at 4am' that I have now been on for a few days. It's actually really cool because even though I sleep with the light on, laptop in my bed either quietly playing broad city or birds of youtube, and my phone not on charge so it turns off halfway through the day and I miss Life.. I have been feeling more stable in myself. No longer is that cloud of extreme anxiety clinging to my brain like an unwanted house-guest who eats all the lamingtons and spends an hour each day in the tub doing god-knows-what because they certainly never appear any prettier or substantially well-groomed, nor has the water bill skyrocketed suggesting overly-long soaks in the tub with glasses of pinot noir, so what exactly has been going on in that closed room??
I feel like the thought of 'light on' as a sort of protection barrier is quite helpful in being able to allow myself to fall asleep unarmed. Also, the fact that I am extremely tired by that time of day helps, too.
~Still working on trying to detach myself from the horrors of the real world

Eaten
Two toasts with peanut butter and black coffee, handful of grapes for morning tea and one coffee, half a butter sandwich for lunch because one half fell on the floor and I was with company that made me reluctant to apply the 3 second rule. Jk, I never use that. I never eat off the floor. I only ever eat from surfaces or crockery.
~ It's all in your head, Alice. But why should that make it unreal?
Dinner was then slices of bread topped with ham, cheese, and pineapple, melted in the grill, along with extreme amounts of garlic bread.
It has just come to my attention that I forgot to put deodorant on this morning, went to work, came home and changed into a comfy shirt and pants, only to omit the use of underarm smell again, therefore, I now pong like the almighty.

Exercised
None. And it will probably be none throughout the whole of this challenge. Thank you, and good night.


7TH SEPTEMBER [FRIDAY]
Slept
From about 8pm until 4am

Eaten
Two toasts with vegemite and a black coffee. One butter sandwich and a coffee. One Twix chocolate bar. A few mouthfuls of a peanut butter sandwich between shifts and one Turkish Delight chocolate bar. One lindt chocolate and a berry fruitbox. I decided to cook dinner as Bae is sick, so I made parmesan and spinach chicken over rice with mushrooms and garlic. The BEST. Dessert was a mini choc lava cake.

Exercise
None.


8TH SEPTEMBER [SATURDAY]
Slept
From around 10pm until 4am, in the usual passed-out way while all the lights and computers are on. This is actually the first time in my life that I need to sleep with SOUND on. I have always been baffled by people who can sleep with light and noise, now I am one of them.

Eaten
Two toasts with peanut butter, black coffee, grapes mid-morning snack. Leftover parmesan chicken for lunch. A store-bought cappuccino that I never finished because I passed out for two hours in a nap of bliss. Dinner was pre-made rice from the freezer along with some packet frozen veggies that tasted ick, some cut up capsicum and little bits of ham. Basically the worst dinner around.
Two mini packets of salt and vinegar chips around 10pm.

Exercised
None.


Well it's all been much ado about nothing.
~ Must go sort my papers!
Adios!
👽

No comments:

Post a Comment