Thursday 1 March 2018

Egg shells or custard tarts?

On Tuesday I thought I was a ghost.
I drove to work like normal, but when I turned down the street to work, I thought 'is this how it always is?' 
The air seemed foggy and I had a weird sensation as if I was the only person alive in some kind of different plane. Everything was quiet. Eerie.
And when I arrived at work, the woman who is ALWAYS parked in the SAME PARK wasn't there. I checked my phone. Same time as always. Or was it?
I hurried inside, made my coffee, cursed the early morning once again because, really, why do shifts start at 6am? What is the actual purpose? As a form of torture, I'm sure.
SO, the rest of the day went as smooth as the only type of peanut butter allowed, except that almost every conversation I had seemed to operate as if I was either too fast or they were too slow. As if the recipients were receiving information from the other side and there was a delay in delivery.
Example:
Woman: 'Hey, Cerri, how are you?"
Me: 'Yeah not bad, you?'
Woman: 'How's your day going?'
Me: 'Oh not bad, and-'
Woman: 'I'm good thanks'
Me: 'Oh, sorry aha-'
Woman: 'No go on, sorry-'
Me: 'Oh! I just noticed that there's a new pink car today, and I was wondering who's it was, it's very bright.'
Woman: 'Tell me about it.'
Pause. Woman wrings out a mop.
Me: 'Well, must get my stores, have a good day! It's-'
Woman: 'You too-'
Me: 'It's hectic-'
Woman: '- have a good day.'
Me: 'Thanks!'
Woman: 'Oh, you saw that pink car, too, I wonder if so and so bought a new one?'

~

And much of the same. This made me assume, once again, that I was somehow only existing as half a person. Maybe something glitched while I was sleeping? Or I had walked through a fairy veil from the front door to my car?
This new neighbourhood is certainly magically quaint. There's always a bird chirping, a group of birds splashing about and fluffing around a puddle, fat birds waddling around not pecking at the grass because who can be fucked bending down so low? There's cute little red-brick houses, and lots of trees with flowers that fall onto the cars. The grass is green, children laugh and wail every hour, and there seems to be a lot of homeyness going on.

I have to wonder sometimes. And to the faeries with their veil strung up in such a common, highly used area, I say: welcome. What took you so long?


     .^.
   ../  \..
*U__U

1 comment:

  1. That one was really niceee.
    It was calming and serene😌

    ReplyDelete