Monday 15 July 2013

Is it too late for cocoa?

"Why are you always walking?"
"Hmm?" I look up from my book and see my pet Dragon staring intently at me for no reason.
"In everything you do, you're always walking away from your house into an adventure. Every time."
I frown at him, "You're talking nonsense. Go back to killing mice or stirring large pots of gluttonous liquid, or whatever it is that you do..."
And that's how it went.
I was unceremoniously interrupted and then accused of undertaking silly fancies. I'm just not sure any more.
More to the present: this one time, I got food poisoning. And it was a horrible, grotesque time in my life where everything was how it shouldn't be. I felt like a house made of matchsticks, and every so often in the day, one match would just fall from the Miraculous Matchstick House that was me. I would think to myself, that took a lot of time and effort, placing that match there, in that exact spot, and now it's gone, and I had a suspicion that the matches were planning this event for some time.
IS THIS HOW IT IS?
WELL, I'LL BUILD MY OWN MATCHSTICK HOUSE, OUT OF THE TOP END QUALITY STUFF AND IT WILL BE LARGE AND FEROCIOUS AND VERY POINTY AT THE ROOF END! VERY POINTY INDEED!
~I think I showed them who's boss.
"I must make the recommendation that you go on meds, straight away."
And there's that Dragon, banging on about assumptions and pharmaceutical therapy. I remember when he was just an egg, inside the egg, and I remember when the egg cracked open and I stared on in amazement as this little scaly head lifted itself out in a dreamy state, eyes half closed and smoke drifting up in tiny rings.
-_- >dreamtime
No need to say that I recovered from the vicious attack on my wellbeing and I surfaced into the world again, slightly dazed that things still continued. Do things really continue on without me?
It is a rather odd notion. It's like a toilet with no toilet paper, or a saucepan without any yummy pasta mixture, or a car without a cup holder for coffee. It's not done.
BUT IT MUST CONTINUE. And I will meander on in my reign of virtuosity, because the world must know.
Because that's how it's done.

...

I saw the stars fall down on you,
and asked you: 'did that hurt?'
you glared right back and scoffed at me,
'You're such a silly skirt'.

'You think I'm just a silly girl,'
I said and gave a courtesy,
'But at least I'm not the one who had,
the stars fall down on me!'
+

1 comment: