Friday 14 June 2013

Did I use the last toilet roll?

Today I tried to find my brain.
~Your brain? Isn't it in your head?
Just go with me...
So I did. I wandered out of my house, very early because I wanted to beat Time at it's own game, and I slowly made my way down the street to a little park, and I followed the winding dirt path into the trees.
I kept an eye out as I wandered past flower bushes and stray prams, and I also kept an ear out because you never know what your brain might sound like. It might be humming slightly, or making weird hiccoughing noises, or even screaming out your name. You just don't know.
Odd thoughts zoomed into my mind while I took this walk. Thoughts like: 'Where did you put your bread this morning?' and 'Do you have enough clean underwear?' and 'Why can't you have a tea party on a cloud?' 'or make could clothing?' 'or live life like a cloud?'
REALLY? IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT?
A woman appeared then, while I was trying to figure out what I was doing arguing with myself and who was winning. She appeared a short distance away, leaning against a tree, and I'm sure she didn't just appear, but I'd eaten a lot of that milo cereal that I don't normally eat and perhaps the chocolate overload was playing around with my eyesight? I like to keep an open mind.
So she was standing by a tree, and I slowed down so as not to startle her with my brilliance so early in the morning.
"I have something for you," the woman said suddenly, and I jumped and looked behind me because I had been feeling like a ghost from a different time and thought that she could see right through me.
"Can you see me?" I asked in awe.
She didn't reply, and I felt rather ignored for someone so apparently visible, and I contemplated in the short space of two seconds about just walking past her and playing it cool, but I realised it would be rude to turn away a free gift.
"I will," I said unnecessarily and walked towards her.
This woman looked like a goddess from another realm, and it wasn't just the glowing orb of light surrounding her entire body or the fact that her skin was a faint green colour or even the sight of her body floating three feet above the ground. It was the little flesh-looking tag sticking out of her neck that read: property of the Other Realm.
"Is there really another realm?" I asked excitedly.
The woman ignored me and held out a little purple bottle with some type of label on it, and I said "I've been down the hole, it really wasn't for me," while thinking that I better not insult this kind soul by telling her that the realm was as boring as watching goblins prune their toenails.
"I do not seek your words. I command."
Well, fair enough.
I took the little bottle and read the label. "Prune Juice?"
She nodded slowly while looking into my eyes, as if we were having a romantic moment.
"I really prefer grape," I said politely as the Other Realm woman said, "It is best to be on time."
And I had no fucking idea what that meant, so I thanked her with my usual 'Cheers', slugged the  whole bottle in one gulp, threw it into the trees and went back home.
+
Life is great when you have a mate


No comments:

Post a Comment