Wednesday 24 April 2013

Am I ready to be Queen?

There's laughter in my eyes,
and glitter on my thighs
and I think to myself
was I really that high?
And I think to myself
Is this all to my life?
Just some rush and a thrill,
an empty box for my skills,
fast-forward me in a moment
and then keep me still.
And I think to myself
does this even feel real?
Do the hours fade away?
Is it my wonder that they take?
If I scream loud enough
will they hear what I say?

...

So I was all 'where are my socks?'
and my socks were all, 'we'll just hide and present ourselves in random, crazy spots that no one would EVER PUT SOCKS, in un-matched pairs and make this awesome girl walk around looking like she climbed out of a Salvos bin.
But it's chill. Why? BECAUSE LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE TIME MATCHING SOCKS.
Is it sad that I try to one-up inanimate objects?
In other news, I'm the Queen of Bread. In a perfect world I would rule over an entire Kingdom made of the vile yeasty substance, and all my court jesters would wear two slices over their nipples and a loaf around their groin, not unlike a loin cloth, and prance about trying really hard not to let the slices flap in the breeze or make crumbs on my Egyptian cotton rugs. Is this too much to ask? IS IT TOO MUCH THAT I WANT MY JESTERS TO WEAR BREAD??
I mean, what else is bread good for?
I've been trying really hard not to eat bread because I eat about three sandwiches a day with boring fillings like, vegemite, and vegemite, and maybe one with only butter, and then I might even go another vegemite. If I'm feeling rather adventurous I may have avocado, but that tends to spin my brain out and I spend the whole day recovering from the traumatic event.
Really?
Is that what you do?
Anyway,
I tried to look after a cactus once. And it died. Yes, a cactus died in my care, and maybe it's because I watered it too much, or not enough, but it turned grey and went brittle, and although I'm not a plant person, I felt my heart break a little. So I sat it with my mums cactus farm that she has housed in a massive pot outside, and those ones were all green and lush and smug-looking. But mine did not take inspiration from its potted acquaintances. It withered until all I own now is a little pot of dirt.
Cheers for that.
Maybe if I buy more plants, maybe even flowers, and tried again I would have more success. Maybe.
Until then..
Love and Sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cerri,
    I'm not writing on my normal keyboard and hence the typing is already sucking. Hence I am assuming that all my poor spelling skills be overlooked promptly because deleting and re-typing is screwing this whole deal.
    So.
    Let me try this again. Oh, so now that I can make spelling errors I hit ALL THE RIGHT KEYS?!?!?! *sigh*
    OK.
    I have read some of your posts and MAN I like your brain. Brian? No, its brain.
    So, i have read your posts and I like your brain. Mucho mucho.
    I actually didn't really think that you really did want to have 90 kids and a billion pets PLUS all the farm life going on when you originally confessed to me your real plot for life but there it is, this blod sayd it and so now its true. I'm impressed.
    I had this really odd dream just this morning about buying a school that somewhere in my life I must have been in (either that or my brain is just holding out on me on the planning of my bu-) I'm bored, moving on.
    Yes. I really like your writing, your a natural and from reading your old writing, your writing skill had def moved forward in a great leap. Your writing is fun to read, easy to enjoy and you just want more. I think its your imagination or perhaps your odd tilt on life that makes it so wonderful.
    GOOD JOB.
    *BANG*
    (thats the sound effect of the rubber stamp smashing all over your writing- JUST NOW- in ONE hit Cerri, ONE HIT!)
    Wow. I just woke up and ate cereal and this is the result. I HAVENT EVEN OPENED THE BLINDS and I'm kinda crazy about that.
    You know that we are the only house in this ENTIRE unit block that actually opens the blinds? How sad is that? I think there all like, 'OH MY GOD- someone MIGHT see into my house!! ARRGHGGGHGHG!' But we dont care. I mean, its a T.V, some chairs, a dining table, and you know all the other usual stuff; carpet, walls, ceiling - with lights- and doors and its like, uhm, so why are you guys trying to hide this stuff from the rest of the humans who live in the exact same house- I lost my train of thought.
    But yeah.
    I mean, c'mon, let the light in and no-one even walks past all like O.O "SHHH!! ITS THE INSIDE OF A ROOM!! SHHH! DON'T TELL ANYBODY!' *quietly stalks away*
    no-one people.
    So. Thats my message for all the people living exactly 1 metre away from everyone else next to me. Who aren't reading this blog. Or this post. Which was meant to be my comment to Cerri's blog which is really not happening.
    = (
    ...I think I'll go now.

    P.S. The reader does not know where you are going with what you are writing/what they are reading and this makes it Good.
    Congratulations.

    P.P.S. Your writiing actually goes somewhere, whereas my random writing does not. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete