Wednesday 20 May 2015

Is there a colour preference?

Last year I wrote a list of 'Things I Will Do', and then I forgot about it. Literally. I sort of opened up my head as if it was on a hinge, reached inside and scraped out my brain. Oh! How light but magnificent it felt! I was holding a brain, a living, pulsating, slimy, slightly warm part of the body that helped me with everything all throughout my daily life.
I thought, 'Maybe I could sell this.' I signed onto Ebay. I scrolled and sighed and clicked and sighed again, and I had the feeling that something was wrong. I kept glancing at the little brain sitting on my desk.
I got up and made a sandwich. Halfway through I thought, ' A sandwich? Am I not above this notion of lunch? Can it not be time for steak?'
I sensed a growing fascination with food that also made me stand solemnly, as if in church prayer, for I am not one with food. I am not two with food. I am probably not even ten with food, although maybe ten is too high and nobody is. If there is someone out there who is ten at the food life, I would love to greet them halfway up the steps of a large, wooden temple with water trickling from spouts shaped like lions and two birds chirping occasionally but in sync, because birds should unite in pairs.
I would say: "Please! Allow me to pee! I've been standing here for three hours, THREE HOURS MAN, and the water fountain has just broken me, as I would assume it would break even Bruce Lee, however great he was," and then I would berate myself for showing ignorance in a place of worship and serenity. 
"Hmm, yes, these water fountains," he would reply, stroking his long, white beard slowly, "the missus is quite fond of them. It would be such a shame."
And I would nod in agreement, very fast, because of the peeing thing.
He would continue stroking his beard.
I would clear my throat, and he would suddenly notice me. "What an honour to have you!" he would claim, like a grandfather would claim to his oyster supplier three days before Christmas. "Would it help you at all if I were to switch them?"
"Eh?" I would reply, looking up from his long white robes. "No!"
He would stumble backwards a little with a hand over his chest at my harsh outburst, and I would worry for maybe eight seconds about his footing as he is old and he is wearing long curling slippers on slightly wet steps.
"No!" I would cry again, "They're the same statue!"
He would straighten, mumbling something about wax or the seventh sun, and say to himself, "But, the switching... it could happen on Saturday, not four o'clock? Not seven o'clock?... hmmm."
"The design would stay the same."
He would reply with, "Most likely. But the wife..."
"Oh, sure," I would agree in an entirely new level of 'not caring' as a coping mechanism for my strenuous circumstance.
"But do come in!" he would suddenly declare, clapping his hands together, "Come and enjoy roast potatoes with us! My wife sprinkles herbs on top, God only knows why, but she makes them taste divine all the same." 
So my point is, that while I was stranded in this uncomfortable situation, I rather forgot the list I had prepared and lost all energy to attempt.
And you can't blame a girl when nature calls.


THINGS I WILL DO THIS YEAR:


+ Ace my Uni course ^_^. Acing did happen! :D


+ Make one piece of jewellery a week.


+ Make one monster a month (because last year's goal was absurdity of the Cerri kind)


+ Watch all of Walking Dead.


+ Watch all of Once Upon a Time. What a time


+ Learn to play a tune on the guitar (just a tune!) The Hokey Pokey


+ Start cooking healthy, veggie-loaded meals.


+ Watch all Disney movies again, also including Brave, Tangled and Frozen. The best! Except maybe Brave, that was a tad slow for me


+ Grow a small veggie plant like tomatoes, cucumbers, or even parsley. Tended to a strawberry plant until I left it out in a four-day heatwave one week and a three day downpour the next (--_--). Delivered two batches of strawberries though, so worth it!


+ Attempt at writing a fanfic! >_<.



MOVIE:


6__6v

No comments:

Post a Comment